Sunday, December 6, 2009

A loooong and overdue update......


I guess it is time for an update..probably was a looong time ago. But this will have to do. The kids and I are doing well overall. The fist couple weeks after Josh left were extremely trying. From the first day he left, everything started "going wrong". I could sit here all day sharing with you those things, but it isn't needed. Some were minor, but some were not. And some of those big things, we are still dealing with here at home. IT HAS NOT BEEN AN EASY MONTH!!! As a matter of fact, this past month has probably been one of the more difficult months of my life. I am NOT saying that for anyone to feel sorry for me. It has been so very hard in some aspects but so very good in other ways. You know what, Satan knows that...and he wants to see me crumble...fully knowing that I am not as strong without my husband around. But.....I am determined to stand strong in the Lord and keep on keeping on.

*

The kids and I have been fully enjoying our bible time every evening. We have not missed a single day of bible time together. They are asking many questions, and I have a feeling that one of our boys is very close to accepting the Lord. Please join me in prayer for our children. I am in no way the stronger vessel, but to think that the Lord can and is using me with my faults and all...a very humbling feeling.

*

The kids are all doing well. Our little Adam..or shall I say not so little Adam now weighs in at 16lbs4oz. He is in the 98% for his weight. I do not remember his length, but I know it was in the 75% for babies his age. He is very different in the weight department than any of our other children. They were all maybe around the 20% and sometimes lower. He is soooo chunky. But it has been ab absolute joy to have a baby full of rolls and chubbiness. He has had to be on antibiotics more than once in his short little life...but overall is doing amazing. Because of his immature little airway, we are very careful as to what he gets exposed to....at least to the best we can. This time around, it has been even more difficult because there is so much upper respiratory illness going around...and that is right where his issue is at. We are definitely ready for cold and flu season to be OVER so we can be out and about a little more. The older two boys have been such a blessing...they are such amazing helpers.

*

Yesterday was the memorial for my grandpa. It was a sweet time. My older sister stayed here and watched all my children so I could go..thank you Tanya!!!

*

As far as the septic goes, it is NOT fixed yet but it has also not been raining. So the alarm has not been going off which is a wonderful thing. Nothing like getting up 7 or 8 times a night and having to go out in the pouring rain to turn it off. My father in law is now dealing with that...so prayerfully things will get fixed sometime soon. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU DAD for helping me. Thank you for taking that one burden so I don't have to worry about it.

*

Josh's stay in New York has been extended officially. He was supposed to be home in 3 short days...but now wont be home for at least another 9 or 10 days. We were very sad here when we found that out. The longer he stays there, the shorter he will be home before they take him away to Japan for the loooooooooong trip. He leaves for Japan the 2nd week of January. We are hoping he is at least home before Christmas now. I have tried to find a way to go kidnap him and bring him home...but I just dont think it will work. lol. If you have any ideas, let me know. lol.

*

I am doing well. I was not feeling well a couple weeks ago, but attribute that to being completely exhausted with the septic alarm and the stress of everything that has been going on. Doctors orders were that I MUST get more sleep. yah right. lol. It definitely has been a trying time, but I am determined to stay focused on the Lord and not any of our situations. I have been enjoying a study of I Peter that I have been working on for a month or more. I finished that up and am STILL working on typing up all the notes I took. I got a new 3 ring binder. I am going to start typing up all my study notes and keeping them...for review and future studies. I am excited about starting a new study...just not sure where I am going next.

*

If any of you ever have a free day and are bored, you are welcome to come on over. Please do not come if you are ill though. I would love the fellowship and company. Thank you Brittany and Lisa for coming over once in a while and keeping this momma from going crazy. lol.

*

What else can I share with you....hmmmm....I am not sure. There have been a couple people that have really touched my heart this past month...and gone above and beyond. That will be another separate blog post here soon. If I keep going, blogger is going to shut me off. lol. This month has surely been a trying month. But I KNOW God is going to get all the glory in it. And my strength to make it through this all has come from nowhere but the Lord!!

2 comments:

~~Deby said...

this was a delight to read...even though I have known this..I know your struggle...and also your DESIRE was and is to keep trusting the Lord through all of this....
we are on countdown now..right?
Stay in the WORD....thanks for being a encourager...

Anonymous said...

Sweet post....Praying Josh will be home sooner then later...

{{{BIG HUGS}}}
Love,
Aunt Lisa